Volunteering at an academic medical center allows you to interact with visitors, patients and staff associated with one of the Southeast's premier health care systems.
Which Volunteer Program Should I Apply For?
UF Health Shands Hospital has five different volunteer programs, each with its own application process. Please click on the links below for more information:
- Degree Seeking Volunteers - For people 18+ years old who are or will be enrolled in college, technical school, a post-graduate program, or are taking a gap year.
- Non Degree Seeking Volunteers - For people who are finished with their formal education.
- Pet Therapy Volunteers - For people with a registered Pet Therapy Dog.
- Dental Volunteers - For students interested in Dentistry.
- VolunTEEN - For 14-17 year-old High School students.
Applications and Acceptance
We accept applications for most volunteer roles at the beginning of each semester (January, May and August). Volunteers are not accepted for court-ordered or community service hours.
Applications for the following are accepted year-round:
Degree-Seeking volunteers are asked to commit to one full semester for a three hour shift once a week.
Non-Degree Seeking volunteers are asked for a six month commitment for a three hour shift once a week.
Additional volunteer commitments can be found in the Volunteer Handbook.