Please note that UF Student Health Care Center – Main Campus only serves current University of Florida students who have paid the tuition-included health fee for the current semester.
The UF Health Rehab Center at the SHCC provides physical therapy services for the students and staff at the University of Florida. The staff works closely with the physicians at the UF SHCC to provide comprehensive care to this population. We specialize in general orthopedics, post-operative care and postural corrections commonly seen in this population. The clinic is conveniently located in the heart of the University of Florida campus.
- General medical care for ages 16 and up
- Preventative healthcare counseling
- Health maintenance checkups
- Minor surgical procedures
- Allergy immunotherapy
- Acute Illness treatment and management
- Travel counseling and vaccinations
- Physicals, including sports, school and employment
- Nutrition services, including weight gain/loss, eating disorders, vegan/vegetarian lifestyles, gluten-free living, diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Heart disease, cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes screenings
- Sports medicine services, including musculoskeletal injuries, exercise-induced asthma, overuse injuries, noise-induced hearing loss, exercise prescription and concussion management
- General dermatology services, including skin biopsies, skin care, and cryotherapy
- General gynecology services, including cervical cancer screenings, Pap tests, breast exams and colposcopy
- Birth control options, including the pill, patch and ring, as well as Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (IUD, shot)
- Sexual health services, including sexually transmitted infection prevention, testing and treatment options
- Sexual assault evaluations and referrals
- LGBTQ+ care and resources, including healthcare counseling and endocrine therapy for transgender patients
- Smoking cessation - services to help you quit smoking
- Referrals for specialty need
- Lab services
- X-ray and EKG
We also have an on-site Pharmacy, offering:
- Prescription medications
- Over-the-counter medications
- Medication consults
- Health and beauty products
- Pet medications (prescription and over-the-counter)
Conditions & Services
- Allergies - overview
- Allergy testing - skin
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Birth control and family planning
- Broken bone
- Common cold
- HPV vaccine
- Hepatitis B Vaccine - What You Need to Know
- High blood pressure - adults
- Influenza vaccine
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) Vaccine - What You Need to Know
- Meningococcal ACWY Vaccine - What You Need to Know
- Physical examination
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)
- Vacation health care
- Vaccines (immunizations) - overview
- Varicella (Chickenpox) Vaccine - What You Need to Know
- Women's health
Pay your bill
Charges for services obtained at the UF Student Health Care Center not covered by the tuition-included University of Florida health fee or health insurance are sent to the student’s UF account. The University Bursar offers several payment options:
- Online - www.fa.ufl.edu/bursar: Pay by Discover, MasterCard, American Express or Electronic Check.
- In-person - S113 Criser Hall: Personal check, cashier’s check or money order accepted.
- By mail: University Bursar, S113 Criser Hall, P.O. Box 114050. Gainesville, Florida 32611-4050. Personal check, cashier’s check or money order accepted.
For full details regarding fees and insurance, please consult the “Fees and Insurance” section of the UF Student Health Care Center website: http://shcc.ufl.edu/fees-and-insurance/.
The UF Student Health Care Center (SHCC) accepts insurance from numerous providers, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, CIGNA, Humana, Capital Health, United Healthcare, Medicaid, and state and government services.
Provide all insurance policy information at your first visit so we may bill for the services you receive. You are financially responsible for service charges that are not covered by your policy. To learn how your policy will work at our facility, contact your insurance company and provide them the SHCC’s tax identification name and number (Florida Clinical Practice Association, 591680273).
Financial AssistancePatients who lack insurance coverage or are unable to pay their portion of the healthcare services they receive may qualify for financial assistance based upon their income level.
UF Health is tobacco-free
Help us maintain our strong commitment to patients and to promoting good health in our communities: please don't smoke, chew tobacco or use electronic cigarettes on UF Health-owned or -operated properties. Thank you.