Before Your Appointment
Our policy mandates that you do not drive yourself to this appointment. Please arrange for transportation to and from our office. If you drive yourself, we will not be able to conduct the assessment.
Clients and visitors must successfully complete a COVID-19 screening and will be required to wear a mask or face covering in order to enter Oak Hammock. You are asked to notify us before an appointment if cough, fever of 100.4 degrees or higher, difficulty breathing, sore throat, or muscle aches and chills are present. Once inside Oak Hammock, go directly to the Smart House and park in the driveway. Our staff will meet you at your car at your scheduled appointment time to check your temperature prior to entering the Smart House.
Bring to your appointment:
- Your valid driver’s license or permit
- Your completed Fitness-to-Drive Screening Measure
- A script from your referring physician that requests a comprehensive driving evaluation
- Any prescription eyewear you use for driving
- A list of your current medications (including strength and frequency)
- Any mobility devices that you would take with you when you drive (scooter, wheelchair, walker, cane)
- Payment for the appointment (cash, check, credit card, or workman’s comp voucher)
Please note we do not accept medical insurance.
After Your Appointment
You will be provided:
- A verbal summary of your clinical tests and on-road or simulator performance
- A written copy of the evaluation results will be sent to you and your referring physician
- Recommendations for further intervention or a referral
Plan to have someone drive you back home.
Conditions & Services
- Alzheimer disease
- Brain tumor - primary - adults
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Leg or foot amputation
- Memory loss
- Minimally invasive hip replacement
- Muscular dystrophy
- Neck pain
- Neurocognitive disorder
- Parkinson disease
- Partial knee replacement
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Progressive supranuclear palsy
- Spinal injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Traumatic amputation
- Vascular dementia
- Visual field
Workman’s compensation vouchers are accepted.