On-site Visits and Screening
In response to COVID-19 and CDC recommendations, the UF Health Orthopaedics is making some adjustments to our in-person appointment and screening protocols:
- We will see only acute, urgent or emergent orthopaedic issues at this time. Please contact our office about stable and chronic issues to schedule a future appointment.
- We will screen visitors at building entrances for illness or flu-like symptoms, including a fever, cough and/or shortness of breath. Anyone exhibiting symptoms will not be permitted to enter.
- Patients under the age of 2 years or those with concussions will not be seen as walk-in visits.
- Patients who should be under quarantine guidelines, including travel restrictions and/or exposure to a known COVID-19 positive person, will not be checked in and are asked to reschedule or seek care at the ER if it is an emergent situation.
We appreciate your patience during this time as we strive to offer safe evaluation and treatment options outside of the emergency for healthy patients with urgent orthopaedic issues.
UF Health Orthopaedics is transitioning many of our visits and new patient consultations to telehealth appointments. Please contact your provider to schedule an appointment and they will determine if a telehealth visit is right for you. View our telehealth section for assistance in how to prepare for and connect to a scheduled appointment.
Thank you for choosing the UF Health Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Institute for your healthcare needs.
UF Health Shands Hospital is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report.
Our state-of-the-art facility is home to several specialty clinics that provide patients with the full spectrum of orthopaedic medical care, rehabilitation and radiological services, all in one convenient location.
The facility includes:
- An open 10,000-square foot gym/treatment area
- A 1,000-square foot in-ground aquatic exercise pool
- A 1,000-square foot functional training area dedicated to agility and return-to-sport activities
- A biomechanics lab to analyze the kinetics/kinematics of athletic motions for research/performance enhancement
When injury runs in the family, run to us. Meet the Rushings, a family who’s need for speed sometimes slows them down.
Ace needed our ORTHOcare services after a tough game. Learn more about his story here.
Mom needed help with her sports injury. Learn more about the individualized care she received from us here.
Grandpa needed a joint replacement to help get his golf game back on par. Learn more about his experience with our joint replacement team here.
Under the management of the University of Florida Faculty Physicians:
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Hand, Shoulder, Upper Extremity, and Microsurgery
- Arthritis, Joint Replacement and Adult Reconstructive Surgery
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Pediatric Orthopaedics, including Scoliosis
- Spine Surgery
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - SpineCare Center
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - General Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Sports Medicine - Orthopaedic Surgery and Family Practice
- Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery
Under the management of Shands ancillary services:
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Medical Massage
- Aquatic Therapy
- Hand and Upper Extremity Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Digital Radiography, CT and MRI Scanners, Fluoroscopy
Our courteous and friendly staff looks forward to serving you!
Other UF Health Orthopaedics locations available to serve you
To obtain a copy of your medical records from UF Health Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Institute, please contact (352) 273-7001.
Pay your billconsult our billing section.
Shands hospitals and UF Physician practices accept insurance from numerous providers, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, CIGNA, Humana, Capital Health, United Healthcare, Medicaid, and state and government services. For a full list of accepted plans visit our Insurance / Billing page.
Insurance acceptance varies between physicians and locations and is subject to change. To confirm that a specific physician will accept your insurance, please contact the practice using the telephone numbers listed at the top of the page. A representative will be happy to assist you.
Financial AssistancePatients who lack insurance coverage or are unable to pay their portion of the healthcare services they receive may qualify for financial assistance based upon their income level.
UF Health is tobacco-free
Help us maintain our strong commitment to patients and to promoting good health in our communities: please don't smoke, chew tobacco or use electronic cigarettes on UF Health-owned or -operated properties. Thank you.