Are you interested in working with hospitalized children?
Child Life is looking for individuals to lead activity groups and work bedside with patients!
We are looking for motivated individuals who are willing to come in at least three hours a week for the entire semester. If you are a student, we are looking for a multiple semester commitment. All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
Step 1 – Apply
If you are interested in volunteering please fill out the application below and submit to email@example.com.
No experience with children
Cannot commit to a minimum of 3 hours once a week
Cannot commit to 2 semesters per year
All applicants will be notified whether they have been selected for an interview or not.
Step 2 – Interview
- You will be notified by Child Life staff whether you have been accepted for an interview or not.
- If you have been accepted for an interview, you will receive instructions on how to reserve an interview spot.
- Volunteer interview dress code is business casual or your volunteer uniform (volunteer assigned polo shirt, name tag, and khaki pants).
- You will be notified by Child Life staff if you have been accepted as a volunteer in the program and given your assigned shift time and hours.
- You will be required to sign up for and attend an information session about how to complete the remaining steps to become a volunteer.
- If you do not complete mandatory information session, training, and placement appointment, you will not be eligible to volunteer.
Parking - UF students, staff, and faculty may NOT park in UF Health visitor garages garage and should use your regular method of getting to campus (decal parking, bus, bike, and/or scooter).
For any additional information please contact the Child Life department 352-594-6470 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the volunteer services office for more information on volunteer opportunities or view more information about student volunteers here.