All of the following requirements must be completed in order for us to place you in a volunteer role.
- Please use this checklist to help ensure you have everything completed.
- You will also need to bring the checklist to your placement appointment.
Obtain 2 copies of medical records from your doctor, high school, parents, or college with the information below. UF students and UF Health patients may use myUFHealth to obtain their records. Non-degree seeking adults who are unable to obtain immunization records should contact Volunteer Services.
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella: Documentation of 2 measles/mumps/rubella vaccinations or serological (laboratory testing) proof of immunity to measles (rubeola) and rubella (German measles)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Verification of having Chicken Pox through medical documentation of the disease OR documentation of two varicella vaccinations
- tDap: Documentation of tDap vaccination received when 11 years or older
- Proof of current flu vaccination (Required September – April)
- Complete Hepatitis B vaccine series (3 vaccinations): Required for those interested in volunteering in the Emergency Room, or Dental Clinics
Obtain Occupational Health Clearance
The Occupational Health Clearance Packet will be provided at the Information Session, along with the dates and times volunteers can obtain clearance for each semester. Bring the Occupational Health Clearance Packet and a copy of your immunization records to Volunteer Services (Room G153) during the clearance period to obtain your clearance. Occupational Health will keep the copy of your immunization records. You will need to bring another copy to your placement appointment.
Complete the Security & Confidentiality Form
- Download the Security and Cofidentiality Form
- Write “Volunteer Services” in the box labeled “Entity or Department”
- If you do not have a badge ID or UF ID, leave this field blank.
Complete the online orientation modules
Complete the following training modules below and print the certificate of completion for each. Certificates can be found by clicking on Training Transcript, then clicking on the small icons next to the module titles.
Read the Code of Conduct and the Volunteer Handbook
- Code of Conduct
- Volunteer Handbook - Degree Seeking
- Volunteer Handbook - Non-Degree Seeking Adult
- Just like employees, all volunteers are expected to follow UF Health’s Code of Conduct.
- Volunteers are also expected to read the Volunteer Handbook and adhere to all policies and procedures.
- During your placement appointment, you will sign an acknowledgement form that you have read these documents and agree to abide by them.
Dental Volunteers ONLY
Volunteers interested in the dental clinics must complete the following in order to be in compliance with UF College of Dentistry:
- BBP/BMW Dentistry training module (print the certificate of completion).
- Complete the University of Florida Confidentiality Agreement and print out the signed agreement.
- Print the BBP form and fill it out. All three Hepatitis B vaccines are required in order to volunteer in the Dental Clinics.
You CANNOT be placed as a dental volunteer if you do not bring this required dental paperwork to your placement appointment along with all other required volunteering documentation.