UF Health Sports and Exercise Cardiology provides comprehensive cardiovascular care for athletes at all levels.
Our dedicated UF Health Sports and Exercise Cardiology team offers a multidisciplinary approach to comprehensively evaluate and manage cardiac illnesses in adult athletes who are at risk for, have been diagnosed with, or are recovering from cardiovascular disease. We work with the full range of athletes, including sports enthusiasts, competitive, elite and masters athletes’ at the high school, college, professional and recreational levels. Our program aims to maximize the performance of each individual athlete, allowing them to reach their goals, while at the same time, maximizing safety by systematically evaluating for potential cardiac disease.
Our physicians are faculty members at UF, expertly trained and certified in Cardiology to provide patients with a full spectrum of services, including:
- Pre-participation athlete cardiovascular screening
- Evaluation of symptoms such as shortness of breath during training or competition, chest pain, passing out or fainting, or palpitations
- Evaluation of an unexplained deterioration in performance
- Clearance to return to play after an event or treatment
- Risk factors or family history of cardiovascular disease or sudden cardiac disease
- Establishing preventive cardiac care
- Comprehensive cardiovascular screening
Our multidisciplinary team has expertise in the following areas:
- Adult Cardiovascular Medicine
- Pediatric Cardiovascular Medicine
- Sports Neurology Medicine
- Sleep Medicine
- Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Congenital Heart Disease
To obtain a copy of your medical records from UF Health Sports and Exercise Cardiology – Springhill, please contact (352) 265-8300.
Pay your billconsult our billing section.
Shands hospitals and UF Physician practices accept insurance from numerous providers, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, CIGNA, Humana, Capital Health, United Healthcare, Medicaid, and state and government services. For a full list of accepted plans visit our Insurance / Billing page.
Insurance acceptance varies between physicians and locations and is subject to change. To confirm that a specific physician will accept your insurance, please contact the practice using the telephone numbers listed at the top of the page. A representative will be happy to assist you.
Financial AssistancePatients who lack insurance coverage or are unable to pay their portion of the healthcare services they receive may qualify for financial assistance based upon their income level.
UF Health is tobacco-free
Help us maintain our strong commitment to patients and to promoting good health in our communities: please don't smoke, chew tobacco or use electronic cigarettes on UF Health-owned or -operated properties. Thank you.