Visiting Hours, Calling a Patient & Welcome Centers
Family and Visitor Guidelines
At UF Health, we recognize that loved ones and family members, however they are defined, have an important role in each patient's support system - and they are vital members of a patient's health care team.
Visiting hours vary by floor, and we also encourage "quiet hours" to help with the healing process, so please confirm details with your nurse.
- Visitors under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult who will be asked to complete a child visitation screening form. This form asks about the general health of the child and recent exposure to communicable diseases such as measles, mumps and chicken pox. Please see a nurse for details.
- Visiting children should have their immunizations up-to-date. Having your child immunized is the most important thing you can do to prevent the spread of childhood diseases.
- It is usually best to limit visitors to two at a time, to respect the comfort of all of our patients.
- For the protection and safety of all patients, we are unable to accept visitors who are ill or have recently been exposed to any communicable diseases. This includes any visitor exposed to or having a communicable disease such as measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, pertussis or impetigo.
- Parents staying in their children's hospital room are not considered visitors.
General Visiting Hours
- 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Hours may vary by floor. Please confirm visiting hours with your nurse.
Maternity Ward Visiting Hours
- 1 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- No children under 12 permitted except siblings of newborns
Critical Care Unit Visiting Hours
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Quiet time is observed from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Behavioral Health Psychiatric Services Visiting Hours
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Tuesday & Thursday
6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday and holidays
2 p.m. – 4 p.m. & 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- No children under 12 permitted.
Calling a Patient
For a visitor calling to reach an inpatient at UF Health Shands Hospital, UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital or UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital, please call the main hospital operator at 352-265-0111, provide the patient’s first and last name and ask to be connected to the patient’s room. If the patient in question has not opted out of the hospital directory as a privacy preference, the operator will be able to connect the caller.