We understand how valuable your time is, especially if you have a sick child. As such, we have forms that you can download, print out and complete prior to your visit.
- Medical Record Release Form (pdf)
- New Patient History Form (pdf)
- Risk Factors for Pediatric TB (Tuberculosis) Questionnaire (pdf)
At the UF Health’s pediatric practices, a comprehensive medical team will manage your child’s medical care. The team may include the attending physician, who is a faculty member at the University of Florida, resident physicians, nurse practitioners, medical students and nurses.
UF Health’s pediatric practices give you access to the most advanced resources and services of the leading health care providers available in north central Florida.
When scheduling your first appointment, your child will be enrolled with one of our pediatricians. This UF doctor will see your child for all well-child and health maintenance visits.
- We ask that you arrive 15 minutes early before your scheduled appointment time, You may need to fill out paperwork or update your records
- If you are unable to keep a scheduled appointment, we ask that you call 24 hours in advance to notify us.
- Also, please notify us of any changes in your address, phone number or insurance carrier.
After Hours Calls
For urgent questions about a sick child when offices are closed, please call your regular pediatrician’s number to reach a nurse or doctor at pediatrics After Hours. If your call does not go through, you may try the direct Pediatrics After Hours number at 352.265.0724.
Pediatrics After Hours is a collaborative effort with community pediatricians and UF pediatricians treating children with urgent primary care needs.
Conditions & Services
- Adolescent development
- Asthma in children
- Babies and heat rashes
- Ear infection - acute
- Ear infection - chronic
- Gastroesophageal reflux in infants
- Infant - newborn development
- Newborn screening tests
- Physical examination
- Preventive health care
- Rash - child under 2 years
- Sick Visits
- Toddler development
- Toddler test or procedure preparation
- Vaccines (immunizations) - overview
- Visual acuity test
- Well-child visits
Shands hospitals and UF Physician practices accept insurance from numerous providers, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, CIGNA, Humana, Capital Health, United Healthcare, Medicaid, and state and government services. For a full list of accepted plans visit our Insurance / Billing page.
Insurance acceptance varies between physicians and locations and is subject to change. To confirm that a specific physician will accept your insurance, please contact the practice using the telephone numbers listed at the top of the page. A representative will be happy to assist you.