Our faculty and clinical staff provide comprehensive cardiac care services to children and adults of all ages who have congenital and acquired heart disease. We are dedicated to providing our pediatric and adult heart patients with a safe, educational, healing environment that puts them and their families first.
The UF Health Congenital Heart Center specializes in:
- Treatment of congenital and acquired heart disease in neonates, infants, children and adults
- Fetal echocardiography and prenatal diagnosis of congenital heart disease
- Heart failure and cardiomyopathies
- Pediatric heart, lung and heart-lung transplantation
- Ventricular-assist devices, including the Berlin Heart, HeartWare® and SynCardia
- Total Artificial Heart®
- Melody transcatheter pulmonary hypertension valve placement
- Treatment of heart defects in patients with connective tissue disease, such as Marfan syndrome.
- Interventional and diagnostic cardiology
- Noninvasive cardiac imaging
- Invasive electrophysiology
- Adult congenital heart disease
As part of the world-renowned UF Academic Health Center, we have ready access to specialists in obstetrics, neonatology, genetics, hematology, pharmacology, endocrinology, neurology, gastroenterology, pulmonology, and many other pediatric medical specialties.
We do our very best to make your experiences as comfortable as possible, and providing you the information you need about your child’s or your diagnosis so you can be as knowledgeable as possible to make informed decisions about care and treatment plans. We strongly encourage you to ask questions, and if you have any concerns or any poor experiences, please don’t hesitate to tell us.