Research Support Offices and Programs
Please note, patient visitors will be limited to no more than one for the patient’s entire hospital stay or visit. Children under the age of 18 will no longer be allowed as visitors. For more information on our ongoing response to COVID-19 in Gainesville, Jacksonville, and Central Florida, visit our coronavirus website.Click to learn more
Research support is offered by numerous offices and programs working across and within colleges.
University of Florida
- Research Support Unit:
Publication of FYI Funding Newsletter and coordination of annual Research Opportunity Seed Fund, nominations for limited application programs and large interdisciplinary research initiatives and grants.
Health Science Center
- Regulatory Knowledge and Research Support Program:
Research project navigation services plus consultations and services for ethics, IRB, compliance, ClinicalTrials.gov, quality assurance and regulatory issues.
- Library Liaison Services:
Dedicated librarians for each HSC college or department to assist faculty, staff and students with research, teaching, clinical or administrative information needs.
Health Science Center Colleges
- College of Dentistry Office of Research:
Tools and guidance for navigating administrative paperwork and policy.
- College of Medicine Office of Research Affairs:
Support for sponsored research development and success.
- College of Medicine-Jacksonville Office of Research Affairs:
Assistance in obtaining and administering research funds and negotiating confidentiality and clinical research agreements.
- College of Nursing Office for Research Support:
Services and resources to facilitate faculty and doctoral student research.
- College of Pharmacy Office of Research & Graduate Studies:
Oversight of graduate programs and research activities.
- College of Public Health & Health Professions Office of Research:
Support for scientific advancement and assistance in navigating the administration of research projects.
- College of Veterinary Medicine Office of Research & Graduate Studies:
Resource for faculty research interests and graduate programs in veterinary medical sciences.