Price Transparency and Fee Schedules
UF Health Shands Hospital provides a list of our standard charges to help you understand and start to plan for potential out-of-pocket hospital expenses for your care.
- The prices provided are for individual hospital service items. Typical hospital procedures and inpatient stays can include hundreds of individual service items. Each patient’s hospital experience is unique and may include any combination of these service items.
- The prices provided are for hospital services only; they do not include the fees for the services of your healthcare professional or physicians.
- The prices provided do not necessarily represent the payment hospital expects to receive nor the anticipated consumer out-of-pocket expense, the amount that is your responsibility to pay.
- Your out-of-pocket expense will vary based on your insurance coverage and policies. Visit our insurance page for a list of accepted insurance at UF Health.
We provide our price lists as .CSV files – these can be opened using Excel, Google Sheets, or document editing programs.
- Standard Charges - Charge Description Master (CDM)
A chargemaster is a list detailing the official rate charged by a hospital for individual procedures and , services.
- Medicare Severity-Diagnosis Related Group (MS-DRG)
The Medicare Severity Diagnosis Related Group (MS-DRG) is a classification system used to identify the national average resources needed for inpatient hospital episodes.
- Florida Health Price Finder
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration provides the Florida Health Price Finder, a healthcare consumer comparison tool for comparing state and national costs.
Get a Price Quote
To obtain a price quote for UF Health Shands Hospital services and estimate of payment responsibility for your anticipated procedure, please call: (352) 265-0236
Other Cost & Financial Questions:
For information about financial assistance, patient resources, provider and insurance access and FAQs, please go to the Billing & Insurance web pages
The information on this page was last updated and reviewed for accuracy 07/16/2020.