Non-Degree Seeking Adult Volunteers
Interested in Volunteering? Follow these steps:
Complete a volunteer application
- Application dates for each semester:
Summer 2019: March 25 – April 12
Fall 2019: July 15 – Aug 23
- Completing the application will give you access to the Volunteer Information Center (VIC), our online volunteer portal.
Sign up for a mandatory Information Session by logging in to the Volunteer Information Center (VIC). You will use the e-mail address and password you submit on the application as your username and password to log in to the portal.
- Information Sessions dates for each semester:
Summer 2019: April 8 – April 12
Fall 2019: July 29 – August 2 & August 19 – August 23
- If no Information Session spots are available, please check back regularly to see if as spot has opened up.
- Applicants who do not attend a mandatory Information Session will not be eligible to volunteer for that semester and will need to reapply for a future semester.
After attending the Information Session you will be invited to complete the rest of the Volunteer Requirements and schedule an appointment to be placed in a volunteer role.
Volunteer Services provides complimentary parking for their adult volunteers. UF parking surrounds the UF Health Shands Hospital. During your volunteer placement process you can park at either East or West Parking Garages. Parking vouchers will be provided at the volunteer office. Below are the locations of our Visitor parking garages.
- Gated Garage 10 (East)
Located on the northeast corner of Archer Road and Newell Drive, across from the Pediatric E.R.
- Levels 3 and 4 of Garage 2 (West)
Adjacent to Wilmot Gardens on the northwest corner of Archer Road and Center Drive across from UF Health Shands Medical Plaza (accessed from both Mowry Road and Gale Lemerand Drive )
- Parking and Driving Directions
- UF Health Shands Hospital Interior Map
Call the Volunteer Office for additional information. (352) 265-0360.