Childbirth Education Classes
Please note, patient visitors will be limited to no more than one for the patient’s entire hospital stay or visit. Children under the age of 18 will no longer be allowed as visitors. For more information on our ongoing response to COVID-19 in Gainesville, Jacksonville, and Central Florida, visit our coronavirus website.Click to learn more
The Childbirth Education Class is intended to prepare expectant parents for labor and birth.
It is conveniently offered as a one day class on a Saturday and covers a variety of topics including:
- The birthing process and stages of labor
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Pain management options
- Cesarean section preparation and recovery
- Postpartum care
- Newborn care
- And more
This course also includes a tour of the triage, labor and delivery, and mother baby unit.
- UF Health Shands Hospital
Take Main Lobby Atrium elevators to the 9th floor. Follow the signs to Conference Room 9433.
- Parking: Park in the hospital’s East garage near the Pediatric Emergency Entrance. Parking fee will be $4 for self-park and $6 valet parking (with voucher given at class).
- $50.00 (cash, check, or money order) collected on the day of the class.
- Participants are asked to wear pants (or something modest) for pushing demonstration. Snacks and beverages are allowed.
- View the event page to fill out the registration form
- Questions? Please call 352-265-0317 or email CHILDBIRTHED@shands.ufl.edu.