- Children use play as a way to express their fears and work out energy and anxiety.
- Play offers a normal path to continued development and growth for all children.
- Playing with familiar things helps relieve stress and normalize the hospital environment.
- Children are also able to make choices and gain a sense of control. Many choices are taken away from a child in the hospital.
- Play gives the child an opportunity to experience achievement and helps boost their self-esteem.
- Constructive play provides a healthy outlet, relieves boredom and provides reassurance for parents.
- Playrooms are open during the day for pediatric patients and families to use
- All patients and siblings must be supervised by an adult (18 years and older)
- Volunteers may be available to provide supervision when parents cannot be here
Supervised Activity Groups
- Please check the activities calendar on each floor for supervised group times
- Groups are run by a variety of trained volunteers and staff
- Children that are unable to go to the playroom can get toys and activities for their room