Child Life Program: Practicum/Internship
UF Health offers a limited number of full-time internship opportunities for individuals seeking a career as a child life specialist. Please email email@example.com to inquire about openings before submitting your application.
To be considered for internship students must meet the following requirements:
- Be in the final year of study in a relevant field
- Enrolled in affiliated academic program for the duration of the internship
- GPA of at least 3.0
- Minimum of at least 100 hours of volunteer or work experience with well infants, children, youth and/or families
- Minimum of at least 100 hours of volunteer or work experience with infants, children, youth and/or families in a healthcare setting, within a child life department, and supervised by a child life specialist
- Meet the ACLP coursework criteria required to sit for the Child Life Certifying Exam
- CPR certified
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements must submit their completed application via email by the ACLP application deadlines to be considered for an interview. All materials must be submitted together in one email to CHILDLIFE@shands.ufl.edu.
Completed application includes:
- Cover letter and resume
- Completed ACLP Common Internship Application
- ACLP Eligibility Assessment Report
- Verification of experience hours
- Two ACLP Common Recommendation Forms (1 from CCLS)
- Unofficial college transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
Please email completed application packet to CHILDLIFE@shands.ufl.edu with subject line INTERNSHIP APPLICATION.
At this time, our practicum is hold and we are not accepting applications.