Cancer Educational Wellness Series
UF Health Palliative Care is offering a Cancer Educational Wellness Series on the fourth Monday of each month from 1:30PM to 2:30PM.
Fun and educational classes will be offered to cancer patients, family members and the community to promote health and quality of life.
Classes are currently online via Zoom. Please click this link to register and attend:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
For more information, please contact Chris Morgan at 352.273.5769 or by email at Christopher.Morgan@medicine.ufl.edu
Classes and Dates
2021 Schedule (View Flyer for the 2021 Schedule - PDF)
- January 25th, 2021 – Give it Forward: An Innovative Approach to Legacy (Download PDF)
You can view Joyce Pearson's recorded presentation by clicking here
Click to download the handout on Legacy Resources
Click to download the handout on Photography Shooting Techiques
- February 22nd, 2021 – Gentle Yoga (Download PDF)
- March 22nd, 2021 – Strategies and Recommendations for Stress Management (Download PDF)
- April 26th, 2021 – Mandalas for Relaxation (Download PDF)
- May 24th, 2021 – Miracles, Myths, and Medicine (Download PDF)
- June 23rd, 2021 (Wednesday) – Mindfulness Tools for Coping with Cancer (Download PDF)
- View the recorded session
- Resources for Cancer Support and Wellness (PDF)
- Breath Meditation (PDF)
- Gratitude Practice (PDF)
- Soften, Soothe and Allow (PDF)
- July 26th, 2021 – Managing Stress Through All Phases of Life
- August 23rd, 2021 – Improving Quality of Life Through Rehab Services
- September 27th, 2021 – Nutrition in Cancer Prevention and Treatment
- October 25th, 2021 – Enhancing Sleep
- November 15th, 2021 (3rd Monday) – TBD
- December 13th, 2021 (2nd Monday) – TBD
June 24, 2020 – Holistic and Integrative Medicine in Cancer Care
July 22, 2020 – Medical Marijuana (presented via Zoom)
August 26, 2020 – Sleeping Better to Improve Health (Download .pdf)
September 23, 2020 – Caring for Yourself Through Art (Download PDF)
October 28, 2020 – Managing Fatigue Through Rhythm (Download PDF)
November 18, 2020 – Utilizing Spirituality to Maintain Balance in Your Life (Download PDF)
December 9, 2020 – The Benefits of Pet Therapy: Featuring a Couple Furry Friends (Download PDF)
Previous Wellness Series
- UF HealthStreet, University of Florida
2401 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608
- UF HealthStreet is located near the intersection of SW 23rd Drive and Archer Road. Attendees may access free parking in front of UF HealthStreet.
- Classes are free, but seating is limited. Snacks and refreshments will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.