Please note, patient visitors will be limited to no more than one for the patient’s entire hospital stay or visit. Children under the age of 18 will no longer be allowed as visitors. For more information on our ongoing response to COVID-19 in Gainesville, Jacksonville, and Central Florida, visit our coronavirus website.Click to learn more
The Breastfeeding Class is intended to provide important information about the basics of breastfeeding.
Topics covered include:
- What to expect during the immediate postpartum period
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Positioning of the infant for optimal latch
- Common concerns when breastfeeding
- Pumping and storing breastmilk
- UF Health Shands Hospital
Take Main Lobby Atrium elevators to the 9th floor. Follow the signs to Conference Room 9433.
- Parking: Park in the hospital’s East garage near the Pediatric Emergency Entrance. Parking fee will be $4 for self-park and $6 valet parking (with voucher given at class).
- $15.00 (cash, check, or money order) collected on the day of the class.
- View the event page to fill out the registration form
- Questions? Please call 352-265-0317 or email CHILDBIRTHED@shands.ufl.edu.